40 hours/week Indore, India
We are currently looking for a Java Developer (40 hours per week) to join our team in Indore, India. For this position, it is required that you live in or close to Indore. Relocation is not provided by the company.
We are looking for
As a Java Developer at Assai you will be responsible for building and maintaining our in-house developed Assai application and its supporting microservices. You will work together with the colleagues in your Product team and a Product Owner to implement new features and optimize existing functionalities.
- Contribute to the development of our Assai application and its microservices;
- Work with different disciplines in a team to create the best possible software;
- Understand and refine new requirements together with your team and Product Owner;
- Build entirely new or improve on existing features;
- Write testable and scalable code together with the team or by yourself;
- Analyze and debug the code to find and fix bugs;
- Evaluate designs both architectural as functional;
- Aid in the operational side of Assai;
- Participating in code reviews and improving overall code quality.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field;
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in Java development and software development;
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Java and frameworks like Spring;
- Experience with large technical ecosystems using Java, IntelliJ, Git, Maven, Spring;
- Experience with creating and performing unit, system and integration tests as part of your development work;
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban);
- Flexible and independent, but have the ability to work as part of a team;
- Thorough knowledge of the English language (both verbal and in writing).
Nice to have
- Experience in working with SQL (Postgres) and Oracle technology;
- Knowledge and experience with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure AKS);
- Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Work location is our office in Indore, India. For this position, it is required that you live in or close to Indore. Relocation is not provided by the company;
- Full-time, fixed employment (40 hours / week);
- Competitive salary and conditions.
Apply for the job!
Are you the person we are looking for and are you interested to work with us? Apply for this job by sending your details, resume and brief motivation to:
Esha Nakashe: email@example.com
Assai provides complete control, support and precision for the world’s most important projects and operations.
We are an enthusiastic group of IT-professionals dedicated to the development and maintenance of software applications in an Oracle and Java environment. We have developed a successful application, called Assai, a Document Control and Management System which is specialized in supporting complex engineering and construction projects for industries including energy, transportation, infrastructure, and mining. Our application is used by a growing number of customers from around the world, including Europe, North America, the Middle East, West Africa, Southeast Asia, China, and Australia.
Assai has more than 70 people working for the company all over the world, including 50 at our Headquarters in Culemborg, the Netherlands. We also have growing offices in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Indore, India. We are a friendly and diverse group of colleagues, representing 18+ different nationalities, and we believe that this is part of our strength, as well as an enormous drive, positive attitude, and a lot of enthusiasm to make every day a success.