We are looking for a highly qualified
Legal Counsel (24-32 hours per week)
to optimize our organizational efficiency regarding legal matters. The Legal Counsel will examine and draft customer, vendor and employment contracts and preserve business records such as minutes of meetings and resolutions for all entities within Assai. The Legal Counsel will negotiate customer contracts, insurance, and employee relations from a legal point of view and has experience with large corporate (legal) teams on customer side. You will ensure legal compliance regarding mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity. You will oversee compliance with corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending lawsuits and prosecuting.
To ensure success, you need to have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable (international) laws and regulations, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions in consultation with in-country legal experts when required. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
- Advising senior management team on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing organization’s legal matters.
- Examining, creating, and negotiating agreements, such as NDA, customer, vendor, loan, and employment agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company’s litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing organization’s intellectual property.
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment.
- Law degree from a European University.
- 4+ years of practice with an established law firm.
- Experience with corporate governance issues, corporate secretarial duties and M&A.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to business.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitives and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong (English) language skills.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Work location is our office in Culemborg, The Netherlands.
- Possibility to work (partially) from home.
- Part-time employment (24–32 hours / week).
- Competitive salary and conditions.
Assai provides complete control, support and precision for the world’s most important projects and operations.
We are an enthusiastic group of IT-professionals dedicated to the development and maintenance of software applications in an Oracle and Java environment. We have developed a successful application, called Assai, a Document Control and Management System which is specialized in supporting complex engineering and construction projects for industries including energy, transportation, infrastructure, and mining. Our application is used by a growing number of customers from around the world, including Europe, North America, the Middle East, West Africa, Southeast Asia, China, and Australia.
Assai has more than 70 people working for the company all over the world, including 50 at our Headquarters in Culemborg, the Netherlands. We also have growing offices in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Indore, India. We are a friendly and diverse group of colleagues, representing 18+ different nationalities, and we believe that this is part of our strength, as well as an enormous drive, positive attitude, and a lot of enthusiasm to make every day a success.
More info: https://www.skout.nl/contact-skout