40 hours/week Culemborg, The Netherlands
Do you have the ability and drive to help our clients? Are you ready to start a job at a rapidly
growing organization? Would you like to work in a dynamic team of colleagues sharing the
passion to create beautiful software? If so, then maybe you are the person we’re looking for.
Assai is looking for a Service Manager to join our Operations (OPS) Team, reporting to the
Manager Security & Infrastructure. The Service Manager will be responsible for developing
and maintaining strong, positive business relationships between internal and external
clients to clearly understand the business processes and requirements.
The Service Manager also ensures that services to clients are delivered on time and
efficiently. The responsibility encompasses various competencies, including project
management, progress monitoring, rectifying reliability issues, budget management, KPI
tracking, etc. The overall responsibilities of this role may differ depending on the client
One of the key responsibilities of the Service Manager is to ensure that the right processes
are in place and on track for a consistent, effective, cost-efficient service delivery, to ensure
a high level of client satisfaction.
Your duties and responsibilities
The main responsibility of the Service Manager is to manage the delivery of ongoing services to clients, such as IT Support or managed services. These include:
- Providing users, colleagues and third-party vendors with product information and availability, estimated time of arrival of goods and product recommendations
- Ensuring that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support service delivery
- Documenting interactions with users, colleagues, and third-party vendors in reports for later summary and analysis
- Delivering prompt, professional solutions for users, colleagues and third-party vendor inquires
- Working to meet immediate goals of users, colleagues and third-party vendors
- Suggesting customer service improvements to higher management and staff alike
- Coordinating SLA creations (through Interaction with the responsible teams)
- Ensuring best practices are followed to maintain service level agreements
- Monitoring department issues and user complaints
- Offering customer service & maintain relationships
- Developing requirements documentation
- Building partnerships and liaising with team leaders to determine which company services, delivery criteria, and solutions are in place for issues that may arise
Your daily, operational tasks
- Monitoring and managing service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure that services are delivered within agreed-upon timeframe and performance metrics
- Managing a team of service delivery people, including service desk technicians and support engineers (all indirect reports), to ensure that they are meeting client needs and expectations
- Identifying and resolving service issues and incidents, including developing workarounds or fixes to restore service as quickly as possible. This also includes preparing Root Cause Analysis documents for follow-up with clients
- Planning and coordinating service maintenance and upgrades to minimize disruptions to clients
- Developing and implementing service improvement plans to enhance the quality and efficiency of service delivery
- Managing client relationships and communicating regularly with clients to ensure that their needs and expectations are being met
- Confident presenting to large audiences
- Experience in managing projects within a multinational business service
- environment and delivery against targets
- Strong negotiation skills without ignoring personal relationships
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated, able to work from own initiative and also able to work as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of MS software packages
- Knowledge in ITIL Disciplines
- Operational ability in a diverse, large-scale (global) environment
- Strong Customer Service and Project Management Skills
- Capacity to train team members
Assai offers a diverse and flexible job in a growing international organization with good future perspectives. At work, we have an informal culture with a team-spirit and hands-on environment, where good employment conditions apply. Assai is an innovative organization where you can shape your own tasks and responsibilities, taking the organization objectives into account. The job takes place in our office in Culemborg. We are looking for a full-time employee (40 hours).
- Work location is our office in Culemborg (the Netherlands)
- Full-time, fixed employment (40 hours / week)
- Possibility to work (partly) from home
- Competitive salary and conditions
Assai provides complete control, support and precision for the world’s most important projects and operations.
We are an enthusiastic group of IT-professionals dedicated to the development and maintenance of software applications in an Oracle and Java environment. We have developed a successful application, called Assai, a Document Control and Management System which is specialized in supporting complex engineering and construction projects for industries including energy, transportation, infrastructure, and mining. Our application is used by a growing number of customers from around the world, including Europe, North America, the Middle East, West Africa, Southeast Asia, China, and Australia.
Assai has more than 70 people working for the company all over the world, including 50 at our Headquarters in Culemborg, the Netherlands. We also have growing offices in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Indore, India. We are a friendly and diverse group of colleagues, representing 18+ different nationalities, and we believe that this is part of our strength, as well as an enormous drive, positive attitude, and a lot of enthusiasm to make every day a success.
Apply through the form below. More questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We do our hiring ourselves. If you’re an agency, do not reach out to help us. Candidates can fill out the form themselves.